Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting Closer...

Just over 4 months out! It's getting so close I can barely contain my excitement. Here's a few things we've gotten checked off the list recently.

1.) Honeymoon booked! Jamaica, here we come!
2.) All the bridesmaid dresses are ordered and in! (One pending arrival)
3.) Got my hairstylist booked to come down to Indy to do everyone's hair. (Still working on location to get ready for the wedding, hair, make-up, I am open to suggestions..)
4.) booked Laurel St. to do our cake! (Now to figure out what we want for that)
5.) Tux's are semi-ordered. (light gray-the groomsmen are going to look sharp!)


I'm still working out exactly what the reception decor is going to look like. I collected wine bottles for awhile and really wanted to do a DIY project with them, but for me, DIY turned into disaster it yourself.. I have a few other ideas, and I'm trying to still bring some DIY components in, but my main goal is to have an understated space. It's amazing how much I have to think about being simple. It makes things quite complicated, ha!

I think my problem is I look at blogs and websites of very crafty people with very crafty weddings, and I forget that there takes a talent to get all that craft to look beautiful. It's hard to be original with such an amazingly traditional situation that a wedding presents. However, I'm still going to attempt it. It's also hard to be crafty for about 300 guests. It'd be a lot easier if we were invited 50. That, though, wouldn't even fit half of our family.

Lots of ideas are swimming around my head. I guess that's the life of a bride to be..

No comments:

Post a Comment